Thursday, November 26, 2015

The Forlorn Angel Boy!



My dear Forlorn Angel Boy (with vintage shoe form feet) 
had some mouth work done today (between cooking & carving the turkey)! 
(see the August 14, 2015 post at Woodstown Whimsies)


He now has a much smaller upper (and lower) lip... 
as well as a "stronger" and more "noble" chin.
All of this reconstruction makes his nose appear 
even larger! (If that's possible...)

And then there's the hands... (my least favorite "sculpt")
I'm using paper clay over soft copper wire & masking tape
for the armature.
His arms are articulated wooden craft finials and beads;
allowing the arms to turn at the shoulders and at the elbows.
(the hands, Daryle... finish the hands!)

3 comments:

  1. Do you know, I don't think he looks forlorn anymore! :) To me he now looks perky and interested. I like him both ways but can't decide which is my fav, though of course does that matter? ;) He's fab whichever way he looks!
    An interesting way of doing the hands....you do them very well even if it's your least favourite sculpt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is it that I didn't know about THIS blog? I guess I need to pay closer attention. This doll is going to be fabulous...love seeing them unpainted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Pam, he doesn't look forlorn at all. Thanks for showing how you so the hands.Linda

    ReplyDelete