Wednesday, July 29, 2015

W.I.P.: A Forlorn Angel?


This newest doll... (a forlorn angel?)
certainly has that "Sad Sack" look... doesn't he?
From his over-sized shoes to the top of his head,
he stands just over 17 inches high.


I continue to have this affinity for vintage funnels...
they make the perfect hat with "just enough" whimsy
to make you want to smile.
Ahhh, and that rusty heart...  there must behind a story behind it.

His arms will be articulated... wooden beads, finials and wire!


His feet (vintage wooden child's shoe forms) are 
ever-so-large and disproportionate.
His legs are vintage porcelain electrical insulators.


He needs both an upper and lower lip, a chin, 
and perhaps some definition in his cheeks... 
Then a cost of Gesso and a base coat of raw umber!

2 comments:

  1. He is already wonderful Daryle, so much expression in his eyes even at this stage of his creation and I adore his funnel hat and shoe form feet, can't wait to watch him come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a real character Daryle. I particularly love the shoe forms for his feet....clever idea indeed! I also like the way you work out leg and arm joints for your dolls. and there are so many things one can do with funnels. I have a few myself. :)

    ReplyDelete